Unfinished Business

I told you a week or so that I would pick back up on my All the projects blog. I have gotten all kinds of projects done. I know it's not cool and I am a true believer in celebrating all holidays, but yes even though Thanksgiving has not happened I have been working on Holiday things.

The unfinished the project from the last blog was the bow garland. So, here is a really quick how-to on the bow garland. I used a size H crochet hook and worsted weight yarn. I used just some random Christmas yarn that I had in my stash, but I know Michael's was having a yarn sale so I did just pick up some really basic red heart yarn as well. Still just Christmas colors in worsted weight, ok and here is the break down on how to make one yourself

* I recently added this pattern to the pattern page of my blog. All the pattern and none of my rambles. It is also printer friendly.* If you find this helpful please let me know, and if there are pattern you would like to see me add to the pattern page just leave me a comment.


1. Getting the right length.
    What I found is that you need it to be longer than you think for this to work because the yarn is so thick. When I was working it I found that about 1 foot of crocheted chain finished or you can just chain 50, either way, should work. This is home made they don't all have to be exactly the same.
I will apologize now for all bad pics for some reason the light in our living room sucks big time. To make the bow base again Ch 50, turn, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc to end and finish off! Yes, it is that easy!! Make as many as you want for whatever color pattern you are trying to do. I have more green than the other colors so my garland is a pattern based on green. I used 4 colors you can use as many as you want.

2. Make the bow
    So this is really just trial and error and is more like making a pretzel than tying a bow. I have a set of pics to try and help you that were taken in bad lighting again I'm sorry.

 Loop 1. loop your crocheted ribbon over like a breast cancer ribbon, or a rabbit ear when tying shoes. Leave one side way longer than the other.
 2. Take long tail and bring it in front of the first loop you made. At this time, you would feed that long tail through the loop of the other bows.
3. Bring the long tail to the back and to actually make the loop. Once you have that bow shape take a yarn needle and put it through the center where the loops overlap so the bow will hold its shape. make sure there is a long tail and just wrap all that extra around the center to make the bow look more like a bow.
This is what the finished bow will look like weave in all end on the way. I know this has been really general but if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them. My garland wasn't quite as long as I wanted, but I didn't have enough yarn to finish the pattern. Instead, I picked up some Christmas ribbon that I just looped through the end loops of the bows and tied off to make it reach all the way from the fireplace.

 This is a pic of my partial garland progress. Weaving in the ends and finishing off the bows was really the most time-consuming part of the whole process. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out I have been thinking about making another one as a gift but I just haven't gotten there instead I crocheted stockings for me and the boy using a red heart crochet stocking pattern! It happens, people! A little crochet crazy right now I'm sorry.
On the more personal side of things, my job/internship search has been truly disappointing. I have made it to final round of interview 3 times and been passed over for people with "more experience", and a few teams have turned me down without an interview over all I have heard no 5 times and I guess its time to grow thicker skin and keep on trucking. I know sports is a hard field to get into, but I know I can. I'm willing to put in the time and the grunt work to get where I want to be. I wish it was easier but I know it won't be. I am so thankful for all the people in my life are are standing by me and always encouraging me to keep going after my dreams. Maybe baseball won't be the sport for me, I really don't know.  All I know is that I will keep trying, I have lately been thinking to apply for ticket sales positions and to start looking into other sports, sports marketing firm, or sports based products, or even something in attractions. I don't know! Life is hard and I am struggling to figure out what is going to be the best path for me. I want to much for myself cause I know I can do it. I just need that one chance to be able to step up give 120% and show everyone how capable I am. 

Since Thanksgiving is this week just a little list of things I am Thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend who has unending confidence in me. I am thankful for his family who have pretty much adopted me since my parents moved away.Taking care of me and treating me as their own when they really don't have to. I am thankful for my family all of them really the whole lot extended and steps. My sister, my mother, my brothers, and cousins especially who all keep me focused and really are encouraging me to keep working towards my dreams. My best friends I think I have the best support group in the world! They all want the very best for me and it gives me the confidence to know that wherever I go and whatever path in life I choose these people are here waiting to cheer me on. I am truly blessed to have so many people who care so much. even if they want to deny it this week when I got passed over for my dream internship they all came out to show that they cared and that they know I will get where I want to be one way or another. I cant wait to see them all over Christmas. 

So that wraps up the tutorial and a little bit about how things are going for me. I think I cried a little trying to express how great the people I have surrounded myself are. I love them all so much and so everyone should take this time to thank all the people that love, supports and believe in us. Without them out path in life would be so much harder to walk. I will post again once I finish setting up my Christmas decorations. 

Comments

Popular Posts